The 12 internet marketing days of Christmas has provided our social media followers with 12 great tips about social media and SEO best practices. These tips would hopefully help you become more successful in your day to day lives at work and outside of work. We understand that they may become confusing at times so if you would like our assistance with any of these tips or if you have any questions that would help clarify them, please do not hesitate to contact us.
A recap of The 12 Internet Marketing Days of Christmas are as follows:
- Have great images or art to share? Use Tumblr to interact with the public while sharing your successes.
- Social Media only drove 1% of Black Friday online sales. Consider diversifying your marketing efforts to multiple platforms.
- Your website content is EVERYTHING! Make sure that your content is keyword rich, unique and strong.
- Don't become obsessed with your websites Page Rank. It is one extremely small part of the ranking algorithm. A site that has lower PR could actually outrank a website with higher PR. Everything ties together!
- If you don't already have a blog for your website, GET ONE! Having regular updated content actually helps you in your SEO ranking.
- Don't sweat the small stuff. You can use .html, .htm, .asp, .php, .etc. and it will not effect your SEO.
- Approximately 65% of shoppers will use social media to research a product before purchasing it. Are you and your business social?
- Make sure that each message you express has a call to action, SEO works best when there is something to act on.
- If you produce podcasts, make sure that they are accessible on all mobile platforms.
- Remember to sound human! When typing any blog or even an email, if you don't sound human you have to work harder for your audiences trust.
- Prepare for the worst but expect the best applies for your online presences as well. Always have an contingency plan.
- Always remember to revisit your privacy settings when using any social media site. Only let people see what you would like them to see.
If you are not already doing so, please follow us on our social media feeds (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter) for more tips and great advice. Wishing you and your family a very happy holidays from SOAP Media.