When starting a new business, putting your head down and focusing on building your product is tempting. But if you don't have any online presence or reputation, no one will ever know about it. This is where SEO comes in.
Keyword research is an important part of any SEO campaign. It's what you do to find out what terms people search for on Google, Bing and YouTube. Before thinking about keywords, it's best to know what your business does and who your customers are.
Once you know what kind of services or products your company offers and who its target audience is (for example: "small businesses" or "women aged 30-50"), then it's time for some keyword research!
We recommend using two tools: SEMrush & Keyword Planner by Google.
Both tools allow users free access until they reach certain limits, after which they'll need an account with either SEMrush or Google Apps Marketplace, respectively, if they want to continue using these resources beyond those limits."
Plan your site structure
The site structure is a key factor in SEO, and it's important to plan it before you start building your site. It would be best to have a clear content hierarchy so that people can easily find what they seek.
A good site structure will allow search engines to easily crawl your website, which will help you achieve higher rankings.
It would be best to use a clear navigation scheme so visitors can find what they need on your site. This is an important part of SEO because it helps search engines index your website more efficiently and accurately.
When creating your site structure, it's important to consider how readers will navigate through your website. You want people to only click on a few different links before finding what they are looking for, so it helps create a clear information hierarchy.
Use internal links
Internal links are the links that point from one page of your website to another. They help search engines understand how your site is structured, and they can also help visitors navigate it.
Internal linking is an important part of SEO because it improves the overall user experience on a site by making it easier for people to find what they're looking for and increasing click-through rates (CTR).
Internal links can also help search engines determine which pages on your site are most important. This is helpful because it gives them a better idea of what content to show in their search results. If you're looking for an even deeper dive into the importance and benefits of internal linking, read this post by SEO expert Ross Hudgens.
When creating links within your site, using various anchor texts is important. In general, repeatedly using the exact anchor text is bad practice because search engines will see this as deceptive behavior. It's also good practice to avoid keyword stuffing, which can make your content less valuable for users.
Don't just link to pages with exact match keywords; try linking to other relevant pages on your site that are not necessarily optimized for SEO.
It would be best if you didn't overdo it with internal linking. While it can have some benefits in improving user experience and search engine rankings, too many links on a page can make it look spammy. Stick to just one or two links per paragraph.
If your site is large, you may need to create a link directory that users can use as a guide. This is helpful because it gives them a better idea of where to seek information.
Optimize your headlines and subheadings
- Use keywords in your headlines and subheadings.
- Short, punchy headlines are better than long ones.
- Break up the content with subheadings ranging from one to seven words (or more). The best length for a headline or subheading depends on the context. For example, if the content is about a specific topic like "How to Grow Your Business," then using longer titles such as "Nine Steps to Growing Your Business" would work well since these are more descriptive and give readers an idea of what they're getting into before clicking through to read more about it. If you're writing about multiple topics on one page, consider using shorter titles such as "Five Tips for Starting Your Own Business."
Get people to link to you
- Ask people to link to you.
- Make it easy for them to do so.
- Get them to link to you!
Make sure that your site is optimized for SEO. The more traffic you get, the more likely people will link to you.
Make it easy for people to link to you.
- Include a resource box with your website address and social media links (but do just what is necessary).
- Have a blog on your site regularly updated with new content.
- Link back to other sites in your posts whenever possible, and make sure those sites link back to yours!
- Add a social media button to your site that links to your networks. Use the #hashtag system when posting on social media. This will help people find you by searching for specific topics they are interested in and promote interaction between users on different platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Do not spam or link farm. This will result in getting banned from the sites, which is bad for business!
Increase your pageviews with content marketing
Creating content is one of the best ways to increase your page views. Content marketing is an excellent way for new businesses to attract customers and gain visibility online.
It's also relatively inexpensive, especially when it can take as little as an hour or two each week to create quality blog posts, videos and other forms of content. When done correctly, content marketing can help build trust with potential clients and boost brand recognition in search engines like Google or Bing.
Here are some tips for creating engaging content:
- Create relevant articles based on topics people want information about (i.e., "how-to" guides). This type of article should be easy-to-read and understand by visitors who aren't familiar with the topic at all yet still cover everything they need at once without leaving them confused about what else there might be left out there still worth reading more about later down the road after finishing up reading through every single word written within each paragraph before moving onto another section altogether; this way they'll know exactly where else they'd go next time around instead simply guessing blindly based solely upon intuition alone which may lead into making mistakes later down those same lines too.
- Create infographics and videos. These are great ways to get your content out there and seen by more people since they can be shared on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Hire an SEO agency
The first step in your SEO campaign is to hire an SEO agency. There are many factors to consider when choosing who to work with. Still, you must choose a reputable company that has experience working with your type of business and target market.
A good place to start is by looking at what other companies in your industry have been able to achieve through their efforts, as well as through the services of an agency like ours here at SOAP Media.
If you're starting a new business, it can be tempting to focus on other aspects of your website before SEO. But the truth is that search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most important things you can do for your website. It's easy to do and will be relatively inexpensive too. So if you want more customers and sales from organic searches, ensure your site has been properly optimized! Contact us today to get started.